When you decide to get a dog, a dog leash, food, and bowls are probably the first things you run out to buy. And for good reason, because a safe way to walk your dog it just as important for your dog’s health as food and water. At Woofwerks, we pride ourselves in offering the best leather dog leashes on the market today. A leash is an essential tool that you can use in training, restraining, and exercising your pooch. Tempting as it might be to pick up the cheapest leash at your local shop, take them time to select the dog leash that fits your needs best. There are a variety of factors to consider before purchasing a leash.
- Material: Dog leashes take a beating! Damage can be caused by your pup pulling on the leash, dragging it on the ground, chewing on it, or even just from the chronic exposure to the elements. At Woofwerks, we use a combination of nylon and premium leather to ensure a long-lasting, stylish leather dog leash.
- Durability: Your leash should be able to withstand the wear-and-tear of a dog’s activity as well as exposure to weather–after all, your dog will want to go outside, rain or shine! The nylon in our leashes is strong, but will not constrict when wet, and resists wrinkling, stretching, and shrinking. Our handcrafted English bridle leather provide the ideal material for training a dog. It is strong enough to resist damage from a chewing puppy or just from rubbing against other materials. A leather leash will hold up over time better than synthetic materials alone.
- Length: Choose the right length for your dog based on size and temperament. The length you choose determines how much freedom your dog has while walking–base this length on your dog’s maturity and behavior on the leash. The leather dog leash should be long enough to allow some freedom, but short enough to prevent entanglements and allow the owner to retain control.
- Width: We offer a variety of widths—find the width that suits your dog’s size. Larger dogs require wider leashes.
- Leash Type: Leashes can be one length or retractable, but Woofwerks specializes in single-length leashes. A retractable leash can be dangerous for an untrained dog. The easily-increased length can allow a dog to dart off into traffic or after another animal, which can cause an accident at worst and a serious tangle at best. Keep your dog safe with our one-length leashes.
- Clip: For your dog’s safety, it is critical that the leash fastens securely to the collar. The hardware on our leather leashes is made of nickel or brass, which will not corrode, rust or tarnish. The scissor attachment easily releases and attaches under any conditions.
- Quality: Your leash is the line between your dog and potential danger, be it another animal or a passing car. Don’t scrimp–a dependable, high quality leash is worth the investment.
- Backup: Never find yourself without a leash! Once you find a leather dog leash that works for you, buy a backup. If you have a puppy, you may want to start with a shorter length and buy longer sizes for the future; if your dog is mature, you may want an extra for the car or in case one goes missing.
Man’s best friend deserves nothing less than one of our premium nylon-and-leather dog leashes. With a wide variety of styles and colors to choose from, you’re sure to find the leash that suits your dog. Treat your dog like the member of your family that he is with a leash from Woofwerks, the best leather dog leashes available.